Germany: Summer solstice in the Harz Mountains
Summer Solstice in the Harz Mountains
After several successful tours in the Harz mountains in the last years, we offer sunrise and sunset pictures on the Harz plateau in June 2022. In addition, a workshop visit in Wernigerode Westerntor with the 199 010 in the workshop shunting, as well as our already notorious night shots in the Wernigerode depot. For this we move all the diesel locomotives to the side, take our well-rehearsed team of extras with us and create several scenes in the steam locomotive atmosphere of the narrow-gauge railway station.
|No. of participants||Min. 20 max. 36|
|Price||from 180 Euro|
|Open for bookings.|
|Book this tour now|
We start on Friday, 17 June 2022 with 1. "Sunrise on the Harz plateau" with loco 99 72xx (planned loco Est Nordhausen Nord) as well as 4 x KB 4 (without advertising) and 1 x KBD 4. After the work is done, the photographers have time to photograph the planned operation until early afternoon. We will then meet at the workshop in Wernigerode Westerntor at 1 pm, where we can photograph "the workshop operation, as well as locomotive 199 010 in the workshop shunting". After finishing this action the participants can have dinner before we meet again for 3. "night shots in the Est Wernigerode" from 8 pm at the barrier of the Bw. Starting at 9pm we will stage the locomotives, replenishing supplies, greasing and preparing the locomotives for the night's rest. All diesel locomotives have been moved to the side so that the depot can radiate typical steam locomotive atmosphere. The visitors' terrace is closed to spectators on both evenings, so that we can concentrate fully on our night shots, without any disturbing accessories or people in the background. To round off the whole thing, we will bring along extras to liven up the individual scenes. The end is around 11:30 pm.
On Saturday, 18 June 2022, the photographers will start again with photos of the planned operation, before we meet at 17:51 in Nordhausen Nord, for the restoration of the locomotive in the Nordhausen depot. With the planned locomotive 99 72xx of the Nordhausen Nord depot and 4 x KB 4, as well as KBD 4 we leave Nordhausen and drive towards the Harzhochfläöche, where we will take photos of the train and the 4th sunset until 22:00. Finally, we take water in Hasselfelde, pull 99 7244 out of the shed, make a "turn" of the train locomotive to Stiege to take more pictures with both machines in Hasselfelde station. Around 1:00 a.m. the action ends in Hasselfelde, the photographers then drive back to Wernigerode in car pools (for this it is necessary that we park some cars in Hasselfelde beforehand).
- two days photo programme "Harz" per person EUR 750, 1st - 4th sunrise and sunset, as well as workshop visit and night shots in Est Wernigerode and in Bhf Hasselfelde; (if booked until 15 December 2021).
- Single days: (if booked by 15 December 2021)
- Friday, 17. 6. 2022: 1st sunrise on the Harz plateau, per person 320 Euro
- Friday, 17. 6. 2022: 2nd and 3rd workshop visit in Wernigerode Westerntor plus night photography in the Est Wernigeroder; per person 180 Euro
- Saturday, 18. 6. 2022: 4th sunset on the Harz plateau, plus night shots in Hasselfelde per person 350 Euro
- Photo trains on the Harz plateau on 17 and 18 June 2022;
- Workshop visit on 17 June 2022 at the workshop in Wernigerode
- Night photography on 17 June 2022 in the Est Wernigerode from 20:00 - 23:30 hrs.
- Night shooting on 18 June 2022 at Hasselfelde railway station from 20:00 - 1:00 hrs;
- Expert and experienced Tanago tour guide (German + English speaking) plus local tour guide.
Not included in the tour price are tips, alcoholic drinks and food, personal expenses, travel to and from the Harz Mountains.