Germany: Steep sections in the Rhine Valley
Steep sections in the Rhine Valley
After our successful 2020 tour to the Brohl Valley, we have tasted blood and come back with a program that includes not only the Brohl Valley Railway but also the steep sections of the Kasbachtal Railway and the Drachenfels Railway.
We have also distributed the following program points over the 4 days, although the chronological sequence has not yet been finalized. For this reason, we are initially only marketing the program in its entirety; it may be possible to book individual days at a later date (if not booked out beforehand).
- Shunting in the harbor (partly in the three-rail track) with D1 or D2 and freight wagons of the Brohltal Railway
- Brohltalbahn: Diesel train with D5 and containers up to Engeln
- Brohtalbahn: Steam train with 11SM, if possible up to Engeln
- Kasbachtalbahn: Special trip with class 798 (3-part, old red), or class 213 with 2 or 3 old red 798- sidecars
- Kasbachtalbahn: class 213 (old red) with freight train on the steep line
- Kasbachtalbahn: Shunting with all locomotives at the Linz depot (among others old red Köf III)
- Photo excursion to the Drachenfelsbahn, where we would like to show you the most beautiful photo spots.
|No. of participants||max 28|
|Open for bookings|
|Book this tour now|
540 Euro per person when booking the whole program
- Special trains on the Brohltalbahn, the Kasbachtalbahn, as well as the Drachenfelsbahn
- Meals on a self-pay basis;
- Expert and experienced Tanago tour guide (German + English speaking) plus local tour guide.
Not included in the tour price are tips, alcoholic beverages, meals, personal expenses, arrival and departure to Brohl.
Please note our extensive insurance options: Tanago works with HanseMerkur insurance. You can take out an inexpensive protection against illness, loss of valuables, against travel cancellation or travel interruption costs easily and quickly through Tanago!
Booking deadline is May 30, 2021, if not booked out before.