Germany: Fichtelbergbahn – Winter steam
On the Cranzahl-Oberwiesenthal line, a freight train with passenger transport (Gmp) was still running as scheduled until the early 1990s. The train usually consisted of two to three empty O-wagons (loaded on trolleys), which were discarded for loading at Hammerunterwiesenthal station. Behind the freight cars ran a baggage car and then two passenger cars followed. This train we take as a photographic model for our photo weekend in March 2021 on the Fichtelbergbahn. In addition, there is a passenger train consisting of DR passenger cars. Both trains are running with newly built locomotives, signposted in era IV.
|No. of participants||min 18, max 32|
|Price||from 220 €|
|Tour is confirmed|
|Book this tour now|
The tour program:
On Friday, March 5, 2021, we will first take the DR passenger train from Cranzahl to Oberwiesenthal and back with a new locomotive, signposted in era IV. In the afternoon, the mixed train, pulled by a new locomotive, will be used. At the end of the day, we offer night shots in the area of the Cranzahl station, before we go back to Oberwiesenthal.
On Saturday, March 6, 2021, we will shoot the program. We will start with the mixed train before the GR train will finish the event in the late afternoon.
About 4 - 6 weeks before the start of the photo shoot we will send the detailed program to all depositors.
On Sunday, March 7, 2021 you still have the opportunity to come with us to Rittersgrün, where we will take the old building IV K 99 1579-4 with actors and historic road vehicles back to the time around 1971.
All pictures of the tour by Matt Fisher, Dirk Endisch and Michael Bleckmann.
- 425 Euro per person when booking both days
- 240 Euro per person when booking Friday, 5 March 2021
- 220 Euro per person when booking Saturday, 6 March 2021
- Special trains on the Fichtelbergbahn with new locomotive and mixed train or GR passenger train;
- Night shots on Friday, 5 March 2021 in the area of the Cranzahl station;
- Meals (self-paying) as indicated;
- Competent and experienced Tanago tour guide (German + English speaking) plus local guide.
Not included in the tour price are tips, alcoholic beverages, meals, personal expenses, travel to and from Cranzahl.
Please note our extensive insurance options: Tanago works together with the HanseMerkur insurance company. Inexpensive protection against illness, loss of valuables, travel cancellation or trip interruption costs can be taken out simply and quickly via Tanago!
- Booking deadline is 30 November 2020, if not fully booked before.