On Monday, 5 October 2020, we also offer a photo tour on the Ybbstalbahn as part of our 4-day Austria tour. The steam locomotive U 1 of the Ybbstalbahn will be used with a passenger train, supplemented by 2 or 3 goods wagons.
On the Ybbstalbahn mountain line, we travel with the steam locomotive U1, which has been put back into service after a long period of disuse, from Kienberg over the steep line to Lunz am See. Of course, there are suitable photo stops on the trestlework bridges typical of this line and in the striking rocky outcrops. Our train takes water at the historic Pfaffenschlag station before continuing towards Lunz.
As is customary at Tanago, all participants ride on the train. On the transfer sections, we "decorate" the locomotive and wagons with high-visibility waistcoats, as non-paying onlookers are absolutely undesirable on this trip.
On our last journeys, we were able to take many beautiful pictures on the route and have been able to discover even more interesting motifs that now need to be realised.
|No. of participants||Min. 15
|Accommodation / Meals||organised - self paid|
|Open for bookings|
|Book this tour now|
Your tour program
Sunday, 25 June 2023
Meeting of all participants in Lunz am See, from where we start. The photo tour will also end there in the late afternoon.
The photos were all taken on our 2019 photo tour on the Ybbstalbahn.
180 Euro per person for participation in the photo tour.
Overnight stay in the tour hotel in Winterbach
- in a 1/2 double room with half board (breakfast/dinner) for 63 Euro (incl. visitor's tax) per person and night.
- in a single room with half board (breakfast/dinner) for 72 Euro (incl. visitor's tax) per person and night.
- authentic passenger train on the Ybbstalbahn on Sunday, 25 June 2023;
- optional overnight stay with half board in the tour hotel in Winterbach.
- Expert and experienced Tanago tour guide (German + English speaking) plus local tour guide.
Not included in the tour price are tips, drinks, personal expenses, arrival and departure to Lunz am See.
This tour is designed for photographers and videographers. We run the tour with a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 32 participants.