Austria: Ybbstalbahn – Steep steam over Trestle bridges
On the Ybbstal mountain railway we drive with the steam locomotive U1 from Kienberg over the steep section to Lunz am See, which was put back into operation after a long shutdown. On the Trestlework bridges typical for this route and in the striking rocky incisions, suitable photo stops are of course planned. At the historic Pfaffenschlag train station, our train takes water before continuing towards Lunz.
|No. of participants||Min. 15
|Tour is confirmed|
|Book this tour now|
Early in the morning we start in Kienberg and steam ahead with the U 1 chimney first towards Pfaffenschlag and further to Lunz am See. There we will have lunch at the "Zellerhof" inn where a 2-course lunch will be offered to the participants (on a self-pay basis). After the lunch break we will return to Kienberg- Gaming with many photo stops and sham trips, where our trip ends.
185 Euro per person for thursday, 8th october 2020, participation in the Ybbstalbahn photo charter with steam loco U1.
- Overnight stay at the Tourhotel in Winterbach:
- in 1/2 double room with half board (breakfast / dinner) for 63 Euro (incl. local tax) per person and night.
- in a single room with half board (breakfast / dinner) for 72 Euro (incl. visitor's tax) per person and night.
- Photo trains on the Ybbstalbahn with the steam locomotive U1 on 8 October 2020;
- optional overnight stay with half board in the Tourhotel in Winterbach.
- Competent and experienced Tanago tour guide (German + English speaking) plus local tour guide.
Not included in the tour price are tips, drinks, lunch in Lunz am See, personal expenses, travel to and from Winterbach or Kienberg.