Austria: Steyr Valley
In the past four years we have been very successful on the Steyrtal Railway several times with model-like photo trains. We travel with 298.102 and 498.04 freight trains, assembled according to models, to the best autumn foliage colouring between Grünburg and Steyr. The Steyr Valley Railway can fall back on a large reservoir of original freight wagons, which we will compile according to old photos. Among other things we will exclusively use the stool wagon H/s 20203, loaded with tree trunks (we financed the reconstruction of the wagon by our last photo action on the Steyrtalbahn) and the collecting wagon, whose signs we had specially made. By the way, we have renumbered all freight wagons of the Steyrtalbahn in January 2016 and in spring 2017 in epoch III in a prototypical way.
|No. of participants||Min. 15 max. 41|
|Meals||arranged, own cost|
|Price||from 160 Euro|
|Open for bookings.|
|Book this tour now|
Depending on which locomotives are ready for operation in October 2020, we plan to operate the freight trains on the Steyrtal Railway.
2 October 2020, Friday:
3 October 2020: Saturday:
4 October 2020, Sunday:
- 3 days photo program, as advertised: 385 Euro
- Single days (Saturday, Sunday or Monday) each 160 Euro
All participants who have booked a Tanago photo tour or trip in the last two years will receive a 100 Euro Tanago anniversary discount (we will celebrate 10 years of Tanago rail travel in 2020). Please indicate when booking if you want to deduct the discount.
Overnight stay at the Tourhotel Christkindl in Steyr:
- Overnight stay in a single room with breakfast, per person and night: 86 Euro (please specify in the booking form from when to when)
- Accommodation in 1/2 double room with breakfast, per person and night: 67 Euro (please specify in the booking form from when to when)
- authentically labeled in epoch 3 freight trains on the Steyrtalbahn on 4, 5 and 6 January 2020;
- Night shots on 4 january with 298.102 and 498.04
- we organize lunch for all participants for all days (snack - self-payers);
- Competent and experienced Tanago tour guide (German + English speaking) plus local tour guide.
- Not included in the price are tips, alcoholic drinks and food, personal expenses, travel to and from the Steyr Valley.