Austria: Narrow Gauge Romanticism II
In 2020, we have already toured several Austrian narrow gauge railroads with our authentically assembled photo trains and have brought home unique pictures and videos. Furthermore, we were allowed to enjoy the friendship and hospitality of the railroads, railwaymen and locals. Therefore, we decided, we will definitely do it again.
For 2021 we have planned the following program: Start on the Breitenauerbahn (Mixnitz - St. Ehrhardt), then 1 day on the Ybbstalbahn with the U1 and a freight train, 3 days Mariazellerbahn, both 1099.14 and Mh.6 with freight trains will be used. Finally one day Ybbstalbahn with a mixed train. Our central tour hotel is again in Winterbach, from where we can easily reach the individual lines.
|No. of participants||min. 22, max. 32|
|Price||from 1.280 Euro|
|Open for bookings|
|Book this tour now|
Saturday, September 25, 2021: "Electric freight traffic in Mixnitz".
Ride on the Breitenauerbahn (Mixnitz - St. Ehrhardt) with both electric locomotives and authentic freight trains. The group will travel to the photo spots in a historical omnibus. (The train is draped with high-visibility vests during the transfer stretches to protect the honest participants).
Sunday, September 26, 2021: "Ybbstalbahn Mountain Line".
Trip on the Ybbstalbahn with the steam locomotive U 1 and a passenger train from Kienberg Gaming to Lunz am See. In the evening, night shots at the locomotive shed in Kienberg, which we illuminated.
Monday, September 27, 2021: "Timber traffic on the Mariazellerbahn".
Rides on the Mariazellerbahn with the 1099.14, signposted by us in epoch III, with freight train on the mountain line. Train formation 3 wooden cars and 2 brown passenger cars. On Monday, night shots at the block station Puchenstuben, which was illuminated by us.
Tuesday, September 28, 2021: "Mountain Line Special"
Trip with 1099.14 and a freight train on the mountain line. Today we choose different photo spots than the day before to get as many different photo spots as possible during the tour. Train formation 3 freight cars (different from the previous day) and a brown passenger car.
Wednesday, September 29, 2021: "Freight steam with Mh."
Trip with the Mh.6 and a freight train (Mh.6 + service car + 2 wooden cars + 1 passenger car) on the mountain line. We drive thereby in both directions chimney ahead !!!
Thursday, September 30, 2021: "Ybbstalbahn Mountain Line" Ride on the Ybbstalbahn with the U 1 and a freight train from Kienberg Gaming to Lunz am See.
End of the event.
6-day total program from September 25 - 30, 2021 (without meals and without hotel), per person 1,280 euro.
Booking of single days (without meals and without hotel):
- Saturday, September 25, 2021 "Electric freight traffic in Mixnitz", per person 160 Euro
- Sunday, September 26, 2021 "Ybbstalbahn Bergstrecke", per person 180 Euro
- Monday, September 27, 2021 "Timber traffic on the Mariazellerbahn", per person 280 Euro
- Tuesday, September 28, 2021 "Bergstrecke Special", per person 280 Euro
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021 "Freight steam with Mh.", per person 320 Euro
- Thursday, September 30, 2021 "Ybbstalbahn Bergstrecke", per person 180 Euro
Accommodation: On request, we will gladly reserve a hotel room for you at the Tourhotel in Winterbach:
- Price per person in 1/2 double room, incl. breakfast and dinner (soup + cold), including visitor's tax per night 62 Euro.
- Price per person in 1/2 apartment (separate bedrooms), incl. breakfast and dinner (soup + cold), including visitor's tax per night 64 Euro.
- Price per person in single room, including breakfast and dinner (soup + cold), including tourist tax per night 70 euro.
- Photo trains for riding and taking pictures at selected places;
- Expert and experienced Tanago tour guide (German + English speaking).
Not included in the tour price are tips, personal expenses, travel to and from Winterbach.
Please note our extensive insurance options: Tanago cooperates with the HanseMerkur insurance company. You can take out an inexpensive protection against illness, loss of valuables, against travel cancellation or travel interruption costs easily and quickly through Tanago!
Booking deadline is 20 May 2021