Austria: Mariazellerbahn – Mountain route special
It took us a long time to get photo rides on the Mariazellerbahn with the red-beige 1099.14 approved. In 2019 we were able to carry out 2 very successful photo trips, one with a train of pure brown passenger cars (without Ötscherbär logo), the other with two different mixed trains (one or two passenger cars with 4 loaded freight cars). As part of the big Tanago "Lower Austrian Local Railway Romantic" tour we are very happy to return to the Mariazellerbahn in 2020 on 2 days. We cover with 1099.14 (labeled as ÖBB machine with "Pfloatsch" or with impeller wheel) different mixed trains on the mountain route, where there are countless photo possibilities. With a little luck, we experience the route to the best autumn foliage coloring.
As usual for Tanago, all participants ride in the train, on the transfer routes we "decorate" the locomotive and carriages with warning vests, because non-paying fence guests are undesirable on this trip.
|No. of participants||Min. 20
|Price||from 200 Euro|
|Open for bookings|
|Book this tour now|
Our tour program
Monday, 5 October 2020
Meeting of all participants at the Tourhotel in Winterbach.
Tuesday, 6 October and Wednesday, 7 October 2020
From Winterbach we first drive to Laubenbachmühle, where 1099.14 with their 5-car train is already waiting for us. In the uphill sections, it is unfortunately not possible to start with a longer train, which is why we can only travel here with 5 cars. We use the days to ride the mountain route, up to Mariazell. We get off the train at the most beautiful spots and take pictures. On this day and Wednesday we will go to different places to take pictures, in order to "work off" as many motifs as possible on the mountain section of the Mariazellerbahn. In the evening we are back in Winterbach, where we spend the night. After the end of the tour you have the possibility to stay one more night in Winterbach and accompany us on our big tour through Austria.
385 Euro per person for both days Participation in the photo trip
- 380 Euro per person for both days participation in the photo tour.
- 200 Euro for the single day
- Overnight stay from 5 to 7 May (2 nights) at the Tour Hotel in Winterbach in 1/2 double room with half board (breakfast / dinner) for 126 Euro (incl. local tax) per person.
- Single room supplement for both nights; 18 Euro per person.
- Additional night in 1/2 double room per night with half board; 63 Euro per person.
- Single room surcharge for extra day 9 Euro per person.
- authentically inscribed passenger trains on the Mariazellerbahn on 6 and 7 October 2019
- optional overnight stay with half board in the Tourhotel in Winterbach, where the tours start and end.
- Competent and experienced Tanago tour guide (German + English speaking) plus local guide.
Not included in the tour price are tips, drinks, personal expenses, travel to and from Winterbach.
This tour is designed exclusively for photographers, as we are not allowed to push back the train on the open track. In addition, we only park the train at many photo points and do not make any passage. Therefore this trip is only conditionally suitable for video enthusiasts.