Austria: Mariazell Railway
It took us a long time to get permission for photo trips on the Mariazellerbahn with the red and beige 1099.14. Since 2019, we have been allowed to carry out several trips on the Mariazellerbahn with 1099.14 in different lettering variants.
For May 2023 we offer a special treat for all fans of the narrow-gauge 1099 on 2 days. We go with no less than 2 locomotives of the BR 1099 on each day of the Tanago tour on the mountain route. 1099.14 and the newly built 1099.11 will be pulling our trains. Every day we offer a different train composition. The locomotives are specially equipped with our authentic locomotive signs.
As is customary at Tanago, all participants will ride in the train. On the transfer routes, we will "decorate" the locomotive and wagons with high-visibility waistcoats, as non-paying onlookers are not welcome on our trips.
|No. of participants||Min. 20
|Price||from 350 Euro|
|Open for bookings.|
|Book this tour now|
Our tour programme
Sunday, 25 June 2023
Arrival of the participants at the tour hotel in Winterbach.
Monday, 26 June and Tuesday, 27 June 2023
From Winterbach, we will travel each day with both locomotives and different train sets on the mountain route of the Mariazellerbahn. We use the days to travel the mountain route, up to Mariazell. We get off the train at the most beautiful spots and take photos. We drive to different photo spots every day to "work off" as many motifs as possible on the mountain route of the Mariazell railway. In the evening we will be back in Winterbach, where we will spend the night. At the end of the tour you have the possibility to stay another night in Winterbach.
We will send the detailed tour programme to the participants after receipt of the booking.
- 600 Euro per person for all 2 days of participation in the photo tour.
- 350 Euro for each single day
Overnight stay in the tour hotel in Winterbach:
- in a 1/2 double room with half board (breakfast/dinner (snack) for 63 Euro (incl. visitor's tax) per person per night.
- in a single room with half board (breakfast/dinner (snack) for 72 Euro (incl. visitor's tax) per person and night.
- authentically lettered GmP (goods trains with passenger transport) and passenger trains on the Mariazell Railway on 26 and 27 June 2023;
- Use of both locomotives on all days,
- night shots at selected photo locations,
- optional overnight stay with half board in the tour hotel in Winterbach, where the tours start and end.
- Expert and experienced Tanago tour guide (German + English speaking) plus local tour guide.
Not included in the tour price are tips, drinks, personal expenses, travel to and from Winterbach.
This tour is exclusively designed for photographers, as we are not allowed to push the train back on the open track. In addition, we only park the train at many photo points and do not pass through. Therefore, this tour is only conditionally suitable for video enthusiasts.