Austria: Winter steam in the Steyr Valley
Winter in the Steyr Valley, a photographic dream - and steam locomotives in front of authentic passenger and goods trains or era III mixed trains. Due to corona, it was not meant to be in winter 2021, but we are now making up for that and have set our sights high and hope to be able to keep our promise. This time we are offering 3 locomotives: 298.102, 498.04 and the recently repaired 699.103 will be used. Now all we need from above is snow ...
|No. of participants||10 - 36|
|Price||from 160 Euro|
|tour is confirmed|
|Book this tour now|
7 January 2022, Friday
Star of today is 298.102, which will first haul a passenger train consisting of D 6460 and 2 x Bi (canopy), Gw 10063, Nw 40828 and Gw 10220 from Grünburg to Steyr LLB. The train will carry our reanactors, who will be available for photos on the train and at the photo stops.
After transferring the train in Steyr, we will travel with several photo stops to Laubenbachmühle and on to Grünburg.
Lunch break is in Aschach, where you can get a hot lunch and drinks. We plan to be back in Grünburg around 16:15pm. The steam hauled service train will arrive in Grünburg at 16:30.
8 January 2022, Saturday
Star of the day is 699.103, which has just been rebuilt and is ready for operation. We haul a goods train with it, consisting of Gw 10254 (collection wagon) and 7 freight wagons on the line Grünburg - Steyr LB - Grünburg. In Aschach watering and lunch break (lunch Sebstzahler). From Aschach, 699.103 gets hauled by 298.102. Night shots with Grünburg with 3 locos under steam: 298.102, 498.04 and 699.103 !!
9 January 2022; Sunday
Today we are on the road with 2 trains:
Photo passenger train and photo goods train on the line Grünburg - Steyr LB - Grünburg. Train formation (in direction from Steyr):
a) passenger train with loco 699.103 + D 6460 and 2 B4 (corresponds to the planned trains from 1980 to 1982).
b) goods train with loco 498.04 - Gw 10254 (collection wagon) and 7 different freight wagons + Bi
3 to 5 reanactors ride in the train, road vehicles in the area of Sommerhubermühle, in Aschach watering and lunch (self-pay basis).
End of the event around 4:30 pm.
- three days photo programme per person EUR 540
- Single days: (if booked by 15 October 2021)
- Friday, 7.1.2022: 298,102 with mixed train and reanactors, per person EUR 160
- Saturday, 8.1.2022: 699.103 with goods train and diesel escort train for photographers / videographers and leading 298.102 from Aschach; per person 240 Euro
- Sunday, 9.1.2022: 699.103 with passenger train and extras, and 498.04 with goods train and road vehicles; per person 240 Euro
Overnight stay at Tourhotel Christkindl in Steyr
- Overnight stay in a single room with breakfast, per person and night: 86 Euro (please indicate in the booking form from when to when)
- Overnight stay in 1/2 double room with breakfast, per person and night: 67 Euro (please indicate in the booking form from when to when)
- Special trains on the Steyrtalbahn on 7, 8 and 9 January 2022
- Expert and experienced Tanago tour guide (German + English speaking) plus local tour guide.
Not included in the tour price are tips, alcoholic beverages and meals, personal expenses, arrival and departure to the Steyr Valley.
For the protection of honest customers we use orange or yellow high-visibility vests on all transfer routes on the locomotive and on some cars. For "free riders" we have no place on our tours !